Breeding Rare Coloured Warmblood Sporthorses
(Specializing in Pintos, Palominos and Buckskins)
This contract dated on the ___________ day of _______________, 20____, by and between
Mare Owner Information
Phone #: ____________________________
Phone #: ____________________________
By their signatures to this contract, the mare owner confirms a reservation to breed the mare:
To the stallion ___Arts Aero___, standing at Blazing Colours Farm under the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
1. The mare owner shall return a copy of the mare's papers (if she is registered) and photos with this contract. This contract is subject to acceptance of the mare/mares by stallion owner. If the mare(s) is not acceptable to BCF's stallion owner, at its sole option, BCF shall return the booking fee to the mare owner, and this contract shall be void.
2. In the event that the said mare does not deliver a live foal, the stallion owner agrees to re-breed the said mare after the foal is born and does not stand and nurse for at least 24 hours. This guarantee shall only apply if the breeding reports- breeding soundness, insemination and pregnancy, or loss of pregnancy report is returned to BCF as instructed. If Blazing Colours Farm does not receive these reports as instructed, all guarantees, refunds, breedings, or registration possibilities are null and void. The provisions and instructions of the breeding soundness, insemination, pregnancy and the loss of pregnancy reports are hereby incorporated into this contract and made a part hereof, and the parties agree to abide by said provisions and instructions. If the mare does not produce a live foal within three years, starting from January first (1) of the year the contract was signed the contract with be null and void and no refunds, re-breedings or fees will be returned. On the third year the non-refundable booking fee will be recharged as the contract is carried into its third year.
3. The live foal guarantee above is expressly contingent upon the mare owner properly caring for the pregnancy mare. Proper care shall include, but shall not necessarily be limited to, proper feeding and nutrition, regular deworming with products approved for pregnant mares, vaccinations that are customary in the mare owners geographical area and proper intervention during foaling if necessary.
4. If a licensed veterinarian sends a signed document that determines the mare named in this contract is unsuitable for breeding the mare owner may substitute a new mare subject to acceptance from BCF. The same conditions will apply to this mare. This contract can not be sold to another mare owner under any circumstances.
5. Breeding with Shipped Semen:
a.) Fill out the stallion contract and return it with stud fee and booking fee. A mare identification passport will be shipped along with the first shipment of semen.
b.) Container Deposit and Lab fee must be paid prior to the initial shipment.
c.) Your veterinarian/stallion station contacts BCF (via: telephone, NO E-MAILS!!) when they know what day they will need the semen. The answering machine will likely pick up so please leave a detailed message with phone number BCF can reach you at. At least 2 days notice is recommended; 24 hours at the very least in order to guarantee semen delivery the next day. BCF may be able to ship with less than 24 hour notice but it is not guaranteed. Arts Aero will be competing in 2008 so 24 hours notice will likely be required to arrange him to be shipped home for collection.
d.). BCF collects and ship semen Monday through Friday. Weekend collections can sometimes be arranged but they must be picked up at the farm. BCF can not ship on weekends or holidays as Fed-ex does not pickup or deliver on Sundays and Holidays.
e.) Containers being returned must be shipped (intact) immediately, Federal Express, to Blazing Colours Farm, 74033 regional Road # 45, Wellandport, Ontario, L0R 2J0. DO NOT use our fed-ex account number to return containers. This must be done at the mare owners expense. If the container is shipped to BCF with their account number or COD, the client will be charge a $50 service fee on top of the shipping costs. Please keep your Fed-ex accounts current.
f.) The Mare Identification Passport Must be returned to
Costs Incurred With Transported Semen:
All Amounts Are In Canadian Dollars and must be paid in Canadian funds.
1. Booking Fee - One time only - Non-refundable and to be paid with contract......... ...$200
2. Collection/Lab Fee Every time he is colleted to be paid at least 2 weeks prior to collection ...$100
3. Stud Fee Non-refundable and to be paid with contract ....................... .....$1000
4. Pre-payment of container and shipping charges to be paid at least 2 weeks prior to collection
Refunded, minus deductions, when and breeding passport are returned... ... ..$250
Deductions to include:
- Transportation costs; Approximate value per shipment of semen- $70
-cost of Styrofoam container. -$45
7.The mare owner agrees to use the shipped semen only on the mare named above in this contract and shall have a licensed veterinarian verify in writing that the shipped semen has been used only to inseminate the mare named above in this contract. The mare owner agrees to deliver such certification to BCF within the breed report provision, instructions and deadlines.
8. Fresh cooled semen will be available from April 1st to July 30th and may be available outside these months if arranged in advance.
9. Should the mare be sent to BCF for on farm breeding services the board fees are $18 per day or $20 for mare/foal and a monthly discounted rate of $480. All board and veterinary charges must be paid prior to the mare leaving BCF. If the mare is being sent to BCF, the mare must have a clean culture before she will be bred. If a culture has not been done prior to arriving at BCF, BCF will have their veterinary take a culture and the mare owner will be responsible for this and any other veterinary charges.
10. Mare owner hereby authorize Blazing Colours Farm, at its discretion and without incurring any liability to BCF, to perform, or cause to be performed any veterinary care (routine health, reproductive health and illness) and foot care of the mare, which Blazing Colours Farm deems necessary or desirable in the circumstances. In the case of an emergency BCF will try to get in touch with mare owner before any decisions are made. In the case where the mare owner can not be reached, BCF will act as agent. Mare owner accept responsibility for payment of all fees and expenses in connection with such veterinary and foot care and agrees to reimburse Blazing Colours Farm before the mare and/or foal is discharged.
11. Mare owner acknowledge that the mare will be on Blazing Colours Farms property entirely at Mare Owners risk and expense. Blazing Colours Farm, their agents, employees, representatives and/or assigns shall not be liable or responsible in any manner for any damage to the mare, or any foal at her side, occurring for any reason, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing any disease, injury, accident, death or theft, and I hereby release Blazing Colours Farm and their respective agents and employees, from any claim which Mare Owner may have at any time in regard to any such loss or damage. Mare Owner also acknowledges that they have had the opportunity to examine the Stallion and his pedigree and have relied upon their own investigations and observations in selecting the Stallion to be bred to their mare.
12. Accepted payments are bank wires, bank draft /
certified check, PayPal, or a regular check.
If a regular check is being sent please note that a $50 fee will apply
to all NSF and it must be paid before any breeding certificates will be
signed. Please make payable to Blazing
Then send to 74033 Regional Road # 45, Wellandport, Ontario, L0R 2J0.
13. This contract contains the entire understanding of the parties and may be modified only be a writing signed by all parties. The invalidity or unenforceability of any term or provision of this contract shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions hereunder. The laws of
Date:____________________ Mare Owner:_______________________________
Date:____________________ Blazing Colours Farm:_______________________